There is a humanitarian crisis of death and disappearance in the southern borderlands of the United States. The Missing Persons Hotline receives calls 24 hours a day regarding people who are missing along the border. This position is created to help handle cases coming into the hotline and will work in conjunction with the other members of the hotline, the Tucson Community Search Team (CRT), and other community and governmental groups. This will be a temporary position.
Application deadline: June 6, 2022
Start Date: July 4, 2022
- 10 days of training, including a period of apprenticeship and internship.
- During your training you will be given a chance to determine if the job fits with you and your schedule (as the hours can be late).
- Carry out the training and learning period.
- Receive calls from the hotline.
- Document case information as well as any steps taken.
- Provide appropriate resources and follow up according to case type.
- Participate in weekly hotline meetings.
- Participate in shared B&R/hotline meetings.
- Fluent Spanish.
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and organizational skills.
- 30 hours per week, at $16 / hour
- Cell phone provided by No More Deaths, to be used for work purposes only.
- Contract dates: July 4, 2022 – July 4, 2023 (1 year contract with option to renew)
Upon completion of all the above requirements, you can expect the following:
- An email confirmation that we have received your application.
- We will set up a time to conduct a brief interview.
- You will receive a formal response.
No More Deaths strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants. Individuals with personal ties to the border or who identify as coming from an affected community are especially encouraged to apply. U.S citizenship is not a requirement. No More Deaths is an equal-opportunity employer. Thanks for your interest in this position!
Apply Here: https://form.jotform.com/212016446277150