Application Deadline: November 29, 2021
Start Date: December 13, 2021
Hours: 30 hours per week
Job Description: Within the “No More Deaths” organization, the Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for increasing the number of volunteers in our humanitarian aid work in the border areas. The coordinator’s main responsibility is to recruit and create ways to sustain volunteer efforts. Along with other tasks and responsibilities, the Coordinator is asked to prepare and implement a “Volunteer Program” for our Search & Recovery and Disappeared Persons Hotline teams.
Outreach Volunteer Program (60%):
- Represents NMD as a spokesperson for interested volunteers
- Ensures that dates, applications, and reference forms are posted on the NMD website; at least 3 months in advance of any given program
- Follow up with volunteer applications and the review process for those applications
- Expands exposure of both SAR/Hotline
- Communicates with interested, accepted, and declined volunteers
- Provides clear and up-to-date inductive information to newly arrived volunteers
- Adds new volunteers to the calendar, along with the logistics coordinator ensures that calendars are organized and up to date
- When requested will act as point of contact to collect volunteer concerns and questions. The coordinator will be responsible for logging them and forwarding them to the working group.
- Coordinates reports for outgoing volunteers; will share necessary feedback to the working group.
General Coordination of NMD Volunteers (25%):
- Create and manage volunteer group chat through Signal.
Administration and Continuing Education (15%):
- Ensures all materials are up to date and translated
- Create and update volunteer applications and important documents for SAR & Hotline as needed
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Self-motivated, ability to identify issues and come up with innovative solutions
- Prior knowledge or ability to learn Office software used by No More Deaths, including: e-mail, file sharing, spreadsheets, presentations, Listserve and shared calendars.
- LOCAL TO TUCSON OR WILLING TO RELOCATE
- 30 hours per week, at $16/hr
- 1 year contract with option to renew
- Cell phone and computer provided by NMD, to be used for job purposes only
- Employees of NMD have access to health and dental insurance
- Transportation costs related to NMD outreach work will be reimbursed
No More Deaths strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants. Individuals with personal ties to the border or who identify as coming from an affected community are especially encouraged to apply. U.S citizenship is not a requirement. No More Deaths is an equal-opportunity employer. Thanks for your interest in this position!
Apply here: https://form.jotform.com/212004858633150