Apply By: September 29, 2023
Start Date: October 23, 2023
Apply Here: https://form.jotform.com/231497966319168
In recent years, No More Deaths has grown from an all-volunteer organization to incorporate paid positions for critical tasks that are difficult to fill with volunteer labor. Due to the non-hierarchical structure of No More Deaths, this position is not solely responsible for all HR issues but instead is responsible for coordinating volunteers and staff to make sure HR and personnel issues are handled. The personnel coordinator is responsible for organizing systems to support NMD staff, ensuring that staff is meeting expectations, and coordinating responses to conflicts or issues involving staff.
- Schedule and organize quarterly personnel meetings to discuss any organization and personnel-related updates.
- Track employee contract end dates and renewals along with facilitating those processes.
- Managing hiring processes for all working groups and ensuring that they are happening in a timely manner.
- Communicate with bookkeepers about payroll updates, and new hire/exit updates.
- Met with new hires to complete all necessary paperwork and a new-hire orientation onboarding.
- Manage health & dental communication with our insurance broker.
- Manage staff feedback processes on a quarterly basis.
- Coordinate meetings with staff to share feedback given through the quarterly feedback process.
- Coordinate meetings with employees (upon request) to ensure they are supported and getting their needs met.
- Coordinate the completion of a personnel manual by drafting policies and presenting them to the organization for approval.
- Adjust policies as the needs of the employees and organization arise.
- Facilitate HR needs and grievance/accountability processes – direction involvement is expected at first and if a third-party service is needed the Personnel Coordinator is expected to organize this.
- Organize the monthly organizational-wide meetings – handle most communications & logistics.
- Participate in the No More Deaths Grievance Committee for a minimum of 4 hours per month.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and keep track of many moving pieces.
- Conflict mediation experience and experience with transformative justice models.
- Independently able to identify issues and come up with innovative solutions.
- Familiarity with or a willingness to learn about Arizona labor laws.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and ability to learn new technologies (if not familiar) i.e. Nextcloud/Jotform.
- Strong meeting facilitation skills.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Term: 12 months
- Hours: 30 hours a month, $20 an hour (pre-tax)
- Work phone and computer provided
- Mostly remote (90%)
- Must be based in Southern Arizona and able to attend monthly meetings in Tucson.
No More Deaths is an equal-opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants. Individuals with personal ties to the border or who identify as coming from an affected community are especially encouraged to apply. Thanks for your interest in this position!