No More Deaths is accepting applications for the following paid position.
Apply by: May 16, 2021
Start: June 21, 2021
Term of service
In recent years, No More Deaths has grown from an all volunteer organization to incorporate paid positions for critical tasks that are difficult to fill with volunteer labor. Due to the non-hierarchical structure of No More Deaths, this position is not solely responsible for all HR issues, but instead is responsible for coordinating volunteers and staff to make sure HR and personnel issues are handled. The personnel coordinator is responsible for organizing systems to support NMD staff, ensure that staff are meeting expectations, and coordinate responses to conflict or issues involving staff. As this is a newer position in No More Deaths, the personnel coordinator will be creating and improving personnel systems for the organization.
- Schedule and organize monthly personnel meetings of personnel volunteers
- Track employee contract end dates and renewals
- Ensure hiring processes are happening in a timely manner
- Manage staff feedback processes
- Coordinate weekly small meeting with a different coordinator + working group members to ensure coordinator is being supported and meeting expectations
- Advocate for needs of coordinators
- Familiar with No More Deaths
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Conflict mediation experience and experience with transformative justice models
- Self-motivated, independently able to identify issues and come up with innovative solutions
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and ability to learn new technologies (if not familiar) i.e. Nextcloud/Jotform
- Meeting facilitation skills
- English/Spanish bilingual required
- 25 hours a week at $16 an hour
- Cell phone and Laptop provided by NMD, to be used for NMD purposes only
No More Deaths is an equal-opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants. Individuals with personal ties to the border or who identify as coming from an affected community are especially encouraged to apply.
Thanks for your interest in this position!