Logistics Coordinator 2021
April 11, 2021
Term of service
May 17, 2021 – May 17, 2022. Full time
The Logistics Coordinator handles all logistical aspects of the No More Deaths Desert Aid volunteer program—they are part mechanic, part administrator, part troubleshooter. The logistics coordinator must be able to manage many details and moving pieces,including administrative tasks, vehicle scheduling, basic repair, and bottomline infrastructure maintenance and expansion. They are expected to respond in a timely manner to all requests and needs,including in emergencies, and to delegate responsibilities effectively.The Logistics Coordinator bottom lines all camp grocery and supply needs – the person in this role will spend a lot of time shopping in stores. The Logistics Coordinator also balances the Desert Aid monthly budget and creates and updates the working group’s budget for the next fiscal year. Ideal candidates should be self-motivated,personable, and highly-organized. Facilitation and consensus decision-making skills and a basic mechanical knowledge of 4WD trucks is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, independently able to identify issues and come up with innovative solutions
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and keep track of many moving pieces
- Proficiency with basic office computing software (e.g. Google docs, Microsoft Office, NextCloud etc)
- For the purpose of vehicle insurance, the applicant must be at least 21 years old and hold a valid driver’s license
- Physical demands of job include regularly lifting approximately 50 pounds (e.g., crates of water, tires), significant time outdoors in extreme heat and cold, manual labor (vehicle and facility repair, etc)
- Preferred: strong knowledge of consensus based decision-making and facilitation
- Preferred: basic mechanical knowledge of 4WD trucks
- Preferred: Spanish-English bilingual
- Monthly salary of $2,598 full time
- Health insurance
- 4 weeks of vacation
- Cell phone provided by NMD, to be used for logistics purposes only
- Responsible access to NMD vehicle (if NMD vehicle not available, transportation expenses related to NMD work will be reimbursed)
No More Deaths is an equal-opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants. Individuals with personal ties to the border or who identify as coming from an affected community are especially encouraged to apply.
Thanks for your interest in this position!