Application Deadline: September 24, 2021
Hours:30 hours per week
Job Description: Within the “No More Deaths” organization, the Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for increasing the number of volunteers in our humanitarian aid work in the border areas. Along with other tasks and responsibilities, the Coordinator is to prepare and implement the “Volunteer Program” for our Search & Recovery and Disappeared Persons Hotline teams.
Desert Outreach Volunteer Program (60%):
- Represents NMD as a spokesperson for interested volunteers
- Ensures that dates, applications, and reference forms are posted on the NMD website; at least 3 months in advance of any given program
- Follow up with volunteer applications and the review process for those applications
- Expand exposure of both SAR/Hotline
- Communicate with interested, accepted, and declined volunteers
- Provides clear and up-to-date inductive information to newly arrived volunteers.
- Adds new volunteers to the S&R calendar, along with the logistics coordinator ensures that calendars are organized and up to date.
- When requested will act as point of contact to collect volunteer concerns and questions, will be responsible for logging them and forwarding them to the core group or conflict resolution group as appropriate.
- Coordinates reports for outgoing volunteers; will share necessary feedback to the working group.
- Works as a team with the Desert Relief Logistics Coordinator.
General Coordination of NMD Volunteers (25%):
- Ensures that the monthly inductions content is up to date.
- In collaboration with the logistics coordinator manages NMD’s “Odds and Ends” volunteer group through Signal.
- Manages the Tucson mailing list.
Administration and Continuing Education (15%):
- Ensures all materials are up to date before overlapping job responsibilities with the next volunteer coordinator
- Trains the next volunteer coordinator at the end of the term, with the help of long-term volunteers for one week.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Self-motivated, ability to identify issues and come up with innovative solutions
- Prior knowledge or ability to learn Office software used by No More Deaths, including: e-mail, file sharing, spreadsheets, presentations, Listserve and shared calendars.
- Local to Tucson or willing to relocate
- 30hrs per week, at $16/hr
- 1 year contract with option to renew
- Cell phone and computer provided by NMD, to be used for job purposes only
- Employees of NMD have access to health and dental insurance
- Access with liability to NMD vehicle (if NMD vehicle is not available, transportation costs related to NMD work will be reimbursed)
No More Deaths strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants. Individuals with personal ties to the border or who identify as coming from an affected community are especially encouraged to apply. U.S citizenship is not a requirement. No More Deaths is an equal-opportunity employer. Thanks for your interest in this position!
Apply here: https://form.jotform.com/212004858633150