Application Deadline: September 5, 2022
Start Date: September 26, 2022
LINK TO APPLY: https://form.jotform.com/222146561817153
Job Description: No More Deaths / No Mas Muertes is seeking a coordinator to support our fundraising efforts. The Fundraising Coordinator will build capacity and explore new strategies to raise funds in support of NMD’s mission, as well as maintain organizational systems, manage communications, and complete administrative tasks.
The fundraising coordinator will work with the other fundraising coordinator and the Fundraising Action Working Group (FRAWG), media/publications teams, and NMD working groups to:
- Write fundraising solicitations for email, print mailings, newsletters, and social media.
- Cultivate relationships with key supporters through one-on-one meetings, phone calls, Zoom, written notes, etc.
- Establish timelines, solicit content from working groups, and coordinate the publication of print newsletters (2 per year) and bi-monthly e-blasts. Produce mailing lists for print newsletters and other mailings and coordinate publication with the printer.
- Prepare and update fundraising materials (phone banking resources, donor thank you letters, brochures, and presentation kits for NMD fundraisers).
- Prepare webinars to present to donors and supporters.
- With the fundraising team, write grants and grant reports and track grant deadlines.
- Support volunteer event organization, presentation, and outreach efforts.
- Explore and complete fundraising-related outreach to new groups and supporter communities, including providing support for external fundraising events (other cities).
- Manage calendar for e-blasts, newsletters, tabulation, and events.
- Process all mailed and online donations and coordinate and perform data entry and thank you letters. Recruit additional volunteers as needed for data entry. Enter weekly deposits into the check register and database. Enter donations from various outside employee giving campaigns. Assist as directed to pick up mail, deliver checks to bookkeeper and make deposits.
- Attend NMD Admin, staff, finance, and Spokes council meetings.
- Participate in the budgeting process for FRAWG and also for the organization.
- Develop fundraising goals and projections for each fiscal year, working with FRAWG and Finance working group.
- Track revenue and donor trends through database reports.
- Willingness to occasionally work irregular hours, including evening meetings, and willingness to travel. (when the world is not in a pandemic).
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and understanding of power/oppression dynamics within organizations.
- Strong time management skills.
- Familiarity with and support for the work and mission of NMD.
- Strong organizational skills, and experience in meeting facilitation.
- Experience with Network For Good database (entry and reporting) or other databases.
- Social networking skills.
- Fundraising experience.
- Grant writing experience and/or experience writing direct fundraising appeal letters and emails.
- Volunteer experience with No More Deaths or other social movement organizations.
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- $16 an hour, 30 hours per week
- Cell phone and laptop provided for work purposes
- 1 year contract with option to renew
- Health insurance available
- Paid time off and flexible schedule
No More Deaths strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, and people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants. Individuals with personal ties to the border or who identify as coming from an affected community are especially encouraged to apply. No More Deaths is an equal-opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest in this position!