Term of service: 30 hours/week; 6 months with review and option to renew
Start Date: April 12, 2021
Location: Tucson, AZ (Please note that this is not a remote position.)
Application deadline: Sunday, March 7, 2021
No More Deaths/No Mas Muertes is seeking a coordinator to support our fundraising efforts. The Fundraising Coordinator will build capacity and explore new strategies to raise funds in support of NMD’s mission, as well as maintain systems of organization, manage communications and complete administrative tasks as directed by and with the support of the Fundraising Action Working Group.
The fundraising coordinator will work with the other fundraising coordinator and the Fundraising Action Working Group (FRAWG), media/publishing teams, and NMD working groups to:
- Write fundraising appeals for email, print mailings, newsletters and social media.
- Cultivate relationships with major supporters through one on one meetings, phone calls, Zoom, written notes, etc.
- Set timelines, solicit content from working groups, and coordinate the publication of print newsletters (2-3 per year), and bi-monthly eblasts. Produce mail lists for print newsletter and other mailings and coordinate publication with printer.
- Prepare and update fundraising materials (phone banking resources, donor thank you letters, brochures, and presentation kits for individuals fundraising for NMD).
- Prepare webinars to present to donors and supporters.
- With the fundraising team and working group coordinators, write grants and grant reports and track grant deadlines.
- Support event organizing, tabling, and outreach efforts by volunteers.
- Explore and complete fundraising-related outreach to new groups and communities of supporters, including providing support for external fundraising events (other cities).
- Administrative tasks, including setting twice/month FRAWG agendas and notifications to members, facilitating FRAWG meetings, recording meeting notes and distributing to FRAWG and other administrative tasks as assigned by FRAWG.
- Manage calendar for eblasts, newsletters, tabling, events.
- Process all mailed and online donations and coordinate and do data entry and thank you letters. Recruit additional volunteers as needed for data entry. Enter weekly deposits in check log and database. Enter donations from various outside employee giving campaigns. Assist as directed with picking up mail, dropping off checks to bookkeeper, and making deposits.
- Attend FRAWG, Personnel, Finance, and Spokescouncil meetings of NMD.
- Participate in the budgeting process for FRAWG and as well as the organization.
- Develop fundraising goals and projections for each fiscal year, working with FRAWG and the Finance working group.
- Track income and donor trends through reports from database.
- Willing to work irregular hours including evening meetings, and willingness to travel (when the world is not in a pandemic).
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and understanding of power/oppression dynamics within organizations.
- Strong time management skills.
- Familiarity with and support for NMD’s work and mission.
- Strong organizational skills, experience facilitating meetings.
- Experience with Network For Good database, (entry and reporting) or other databases.
- Social media skills.
- Fundraising experience.
- Grant writing experience and/or experience writing direct fundraising appeal letters and emails.
- Volunteer experience with No More Deaths or other social movement organizations.
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply.
- Salary $15/ hour @ 30 hours/ week (approx $1,800-1,900/ month) + benefits (health and dental).
- Ongoing support from working group.
- Reimbursement of expenses for supplies, postage, etc.
- Work computer and phone supplied.
- Review of position at six-months for renewal.
Apply Here: https://form.jotform.com/201476167716156